Vision, Mission & Objectives
To conserve and improve the environment and natural resources of the State.
To plan, coordinate, promote and oversee the environment conservation and enhancement programmes through environmentally compatible management practices and technologies.
- Planning, coordinating, promoting and overseeing the environment, science & technology and pollution prevention, abatement and control activities and programmes for environment protection, conservation and enhancement by regulation, policy formulation, supervision and monitoring using innovative technologies.
- Strengthening of environment awareness, assessment, advocacy and action by facilitating organized collection, collation and dissemination of environmental information.
- Promote evaluation of environmental interventions through appraisal and assessment and benchmarking of standards.
- To facilitate monitoring & evaluation, decentralized planning & decision making through web based GIS applications.
- To deploy appropriate strategies for adaptation & mitigation of impacts of climate change including enhanced monitoring of glaciers & updation of glacial inventory.