Science & Technology
FUNCTIONS & MANDATE UNDER SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- To develop/modify/adapt new technologies in any area relevant to the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- To disseminate and propagate new technologies for improvement of scientific intervention in developmental needs in the State.
- To create new databases with the use of modern technologies.
- To develop appropriate technologies for use in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- Propagation of use of Space Technology to develop models for optimum use of resources that promote alternative sustainable mode of development.
- To enhance scientific and technical capacity and infrastructure in the State.
- To develop effective liaison with national and international scientific institutions.
- To evolve Science & Technology Policy for The State.
- To address issues like:- Organic Pollution, Research and Development, Clean Technologies, Carrying Capacity studies, Life cycles, Sustainable Development, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
- To direct efforts towards evolving and establishing industrial and technological linkages.
- Establishing efficient State-wide system of scientific and technological information.
- To promote the role and importance of science & technology in socio-economic development.
- Promoting relevance of science towards society and enhancing gender equality in participation of S&T input.
- Promote conclusion, linkages and networking among S&T institutions including Universities, Industry, Research and Development, NGO and the Government Sector.
- Undertake capacity building programmes to promote emerging technologies under science popularisation programme.