Government of Himachal Pradesh has decided to buy Non-recyclable and Single Use Plastic Waste @ Rs. 75/- per kg. through registered rag pickers and individual households in State of HP. For this purpose a Buy Back Policy has been notified on 1st October, 2019 and this Policy has been formally launched by the Hon'ble Chief Minister on 2nd October, 2019.
Under the Policy, the following type of waste plastic will be purchased by the Urban Local Bodies
- All type of packaging plastic waste of items such as bread, cakes, biscuit, cookies, namkeen, kurkure, chips/ wafers, candies, mattresses, cheese puffs, ice cream, ice cream candies, noodles, cereals/cornflakes/breakfast cereals coated with sugar, confectionary items.
- Cleaned and dry packaging, pouches/packets of liquids such as milk, oil, shampoo, hand wash, liquid soap, curd, butter milk, juice etc.
And the following items will not be purchased under the Policy:
- Heavy plastic waste items such as plastic furniture & fixture, kitchen ware, toys, electronic, electrical waste.
- PET bottles, medicine/ mineral water bottles, buckets, mugs, biomedical waste bottles, plastic dibbas, plastic crockery, jar, tiffin, toilet utility waste items.
- Any other items which is recyclable.